Skin MD asked me to review their Shielding Lotion and sent me a 4oz bottle:
Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion was formulated after years of research into how the skin functions. It was found that the primary function of the outer layer of skin is to prevent irritants from penetrating into the body. Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion is a new type of skin care product that becomes part of the outer layer of skin to restore this natural function. It helps damaged skin by preventing moisture-robbing irritants from entering its deeper layers and helps reduce moisture loss.
My skin can get dry because I wash my hands constantly. Having twins will do that! Plus, Dylan gets eczema on his cheeks that I have found difficult to treat. His doctor says that it has to do with the reaction to moisture on his cheeks from formula as well as sucking on his hands.
This is my poor baby boy with bright red broken out cheeks last Thursday (10/21) at his pediatrician visit.
I brought the bottle of Skin MD Shielding Lotion with me to make sure it was ok to use on a 6 month old. Because the Shielding Lotion contains 93% all natural and/or plant-based natural ingredients (the remaining 7% food grade or medical grade products that are on the Food & Drug Administration’s most safe list), his pediatrician said it was just fine to use, if fact she recommended it over any other topicals.
I had been using calendula lotion on him before. While it helped to soothe his skin, it didn’t clear up the problem.
Here’s my baby boy today (10/27)!
(both pics are unretouched and taken with my cell phone)
I can’t believe how good his skin looks after less than a week. It’s really amazing! Skin MD Shielding Lotion created a barrier between his soft baby skin and the formula in his bottle. It helped him SO much!
I love that the Shielding Lotion isn’t greasy. It is lighter than other moisturizers and lotions I have used and doesn’t sit on top of the skin like others I have tried. Plus anything that makes my babies happy is good enough for me!
You can purchase Skin MD Products directly from the website
– Shielding Lotion comes with SPF 15 and Original ($18). You can also find Skin MD Shielding Lotion at a store near you.
Find out how to get a sample of Skin MD Shielding Lotion HERE!