Recipe: Pound Cake & Peaches Sundae
*Recipe brought to you by Breyers
Pound Cake & Peaches Sundae
Created by Chef Antonia Lofaso for Breyers
- 2 fresh summer peaches, diced
- 2 tsp thinly sliced basil
- 4 (1/4-inch thick) slices of plain pound cake, toasted in the toaster until golden
- 1 cup of Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream (1/4 cup each scoop)
Mix peaches, sugar, lemon juice and basil in a small bowl.
- To make each sundae, place a slice of toasted pound cake on a plate, then top with a scoop (1/4 cup each scoop) of ice cream and cover generously with macerated peaches.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories 220, Calories from Fat 80, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 130 mg, Total Carbs 33 g, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 17 g, Protein 4 g, %DV: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 15 %, Calcium 6 %, Iron 4 %
Breyers sources milk and cream from farmers who do not treat their cows with artificial growth hormones and obtains 100 percent of its vanilla from Rainforest Alliance Certified and sustainably farmed sources across all of its offerings. In February 2015, Breyers announced that it would source milk and cream from farmers who do not treat their cows with artificial growth hormones and obtain 100 percent of its vanilla from Rainforest Alliance Certified and sustainably farmed sources across all of its offerings.