Recipe: Chai Tea Latte Ice Cream #DolceGusto
September 6th is National Coffee Ice Cream Day! Celebrate with this easy recipe, courtesy of NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto!
Chai Tea Latte Ice Cream
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Chai Tea Latte milk capsule, brewed according to package directions (4 fl. oz.)
- 1 NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Chai Tea Latte tea capsule, brewed according to package directions (3.4 fl. oz.)
- HEAT milk and cream in medium saucepan over medium heat just until hot (do not boil). Remove from heat.
- BEAT egg yolks, sugar and salt in large mixer bowl until well combined. Very slowly beat in the milk mixture until combined.
- POUR mixture back into saucepan; heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture reaches 160° F. This should take about 12 minutes. Do not boil. Stir in chai tea latte. Place mixture in refrigerator for 1 hour or until cool.
- POUR mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- SERVE immediately for a soft-serve texture or transfer to a covered container and freeze for a firmer texture.
← Previous Story Recipe: Tiramisu Ice Cream Cake #DolceGusto