This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Post Great Grains Cereal for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
What Makes YOU Great?
Did you know that 93 percent of women feel they’ve improved some aspects of themselves in the past 10 years? How cool is that? I know I have improved my life by leaps and bounds. 10 years ago I:
- Was a store manager for a clothing brand in California.
- Had just bought a cool new car.
- Lived in a San Jose apartment with my husband of 5 years at that time.
- Was overall fairly happy.
But I was missing something. What I really wanted was a family. Children. I have suffered from infertility for years and my 4 year old twins wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for IVF (In-Vitro Fertilization). So in the last 10 years I basically did a 180 from where I was:
- Moved to Portland, Oregon.
- Had my twins.
- Bought a house.
- Traded my sporty Audi for a more responsible and family-friendly mini SUV.
- Started my own business.
- Maintained my 15 year (and counting!) marriage.
- Have been overall VERY happy!
I know sometimes I am really hard on myself. But I look back at the things I have accomplished and you know what? I am pretty darm proud of myself. I am reminded every day of where I am now and how I wouldn’t want it any other way.
I actually had someone online say I was promoting women as “imbecilic, clueless, and sacrificial saccharine-soaked“. Seriously. Which is funny because if I was so clueless and imbecilic I wouldn’t be as successful as I am now in my current financial state. Sacrificial? Sure. I would do anything and sacrifice myself for my children. But what I gave up doesn’t even come close to what I gained. It’s comments like that which tell me I am doing just fine – and am exactly where I want to be in life.
Post Great Grains Cereal surveyed 1000 women 40 and over (hey that’s ME!) and asked them what makes them GREAT. The results were eye opening and inspirational:
- 73% reinvented themselves after they turned 40.
- A whopping 80% love themselves more now than 10 years ago!
- 86 % said that their mistakes that led to failures were worth the learning experience.
So remember – all of those regrets you may have? Those and your accomplishments are shaping who you are. AND YOU ARE AWESOME. Watch this video to see some fabulous women tell us why they are great!
Post Great Grains brings whole foods from the field to your bowl for a nutritious breakfast you have to see to believe. Less processed ingredients like whole grain flakes from actual wheat berries, as well as real fruit and nuts, come together in this tasty and nutritious morning favorite. Rather than grinding our wheat into flour and then stamping it into uniform flakes, Great Grains carefully cracks or steams the whole wheat berry, which helps to lock in full flavor and nutrients. All of the varieties of Great Grains have at least 30g of whole grains per serving and are a heart healthy way to start the day.
There are eight varieties of Great Grains cereals including:
- Great Grains Digestive Blend Berry Medley
- Great Grains Digestive Blend Vanilla Graham
- Great Grains Protein Blend Honey, Oats & Seeds
- Great Grains Protein Blend Cinnamon Crunch
- Great Grains Cranberry Almond Crunch
- Great Grains Crunchy Pecans
- Great Grains Raisins, Dates & Pecans
- Great Grains Banana Nut Crunch
Check out Post Great Grains Cereal and Great Grains on Facebook for more info on these delicious flavors! Great Grains has nutrition you can see!
So I want to know from you – what makes you GREAT? Give yourself a pat on the back and tell me (as well as remind yourself!) why you are awesome. Because I know you are!