has been making baby gear since 1946 and is a leader in baby items, including crib mattresses and strollers. Kolcraft has also teamed up with such widely known brands as Jeep, Contours, and Sealy to produce a variety of children’s products.
I was lucky enough to be sent a Contours Options II Tandem Stroller and Car Seat Adapter to try and and review.
Contours Options II Tandem Stroller (retail $269.99)
•Seats easily reverse to create 6 different stroller options: children can both face parent, face each other, face forward, back to back, with front seat only and the back for extra storage, or with an infant car seat.
•Infant car seat attachment fits most car seat brands on the market. Additional car seat attachment is sold separately to accommodate twins!
•Both seats recline for infant’s comfort
•Easy-reach child swivel cup holders
•Removable iPod® Dok with speaker plays baby’s music anywhere
•Steering with two 8″ front single swivel & 10″ rear never- flat wheels
•Easy-trigger fold and convenient Free-Stand™ allow the stroller to stand upright!
•New easy-reach tray is closer to the parent and more accessible, with an open-air compartment and deeper, ventilated cup holders
•Other children can walk & use the hold-on handles
•Infant head rest protects newborn’s head
•Adjustable canopy can be raised or lowered to the height of your baby
•Large storage basket
•Height adjustable 5-point harness for safety and padded sleeves for comfort
I had been using the Baby Trend Snap n Go since the twins were born. I found it very convenient and super easy to use, but I hated the steering. Plus I could only use it for the car seats and not regular seats so it would only last me a year at the most.
Now with the Contours Options II I can still use the car seats only OR put the regular seats in. Plus they can go in facing different directions! You can use this with a wide variety of car seats, including Britax, Evenflo, Graco, and more!
Since my twins are at the age where they are starting to entertain each other, I like them facing each other in this stroller. They can also share blankets (bonus!). It’s so adorable that they giggle at each other when we take a walk with this stroller!
Features I LOVE about this stroller:
* different positions of the chairs – lovin’ that!
* I am able to put both car seats in using two car seat adapters.
*you can very easily use this for one child and have lots of extra space.. car seat NOT included!
* The underbasket is HUGE – way bigger than any other stroller I have. I am able to put SO MUCH under there! I went grocery shopping (my grocery store is 1/2 block from my house so it’s super easy to just walk there) and was able to put a full 2 weeks worth under the seats!
* It fits in the trunk of my car (but it take up a lot of room)
* It’s super easy to steer – one handed uphill? Yep!
* The wheels are nice and big which helps with steering and terrain.
* The canopies are easy to adjust one-handed.
* The parent tray is deep – I am able to put my phone, iPod, wallet, etc there without worry of it falling out. Plus there are two cupholders – nice when I am walking with my husband and we both have coffee. What I find less appealing is having to take at least one seat out when folding it up. This isn’t a big deal though – it’s really easy to do. I take both off when I put it in the trunk of my car. It’s also a little heavy, but mind you I was used to using the Snap n Go which is nothing more than a metal frame. I can haul this stroller up a flight of stairs without a problem!
If you have twins like I do it’s great because the seats are the same – it’s not one that reclines and one that sits upright. If you have an older child and a younger it’s great because the older child can either sit in one of the seats or hand on to one of the side straps. You can put the other child in their carseat (or the stroller seat) and pull the second seat out for more room (for shopping!).
Overall I find this VERY worth the price. It’s sturdy and strong enough to last a long, long time. It’s totally versatile and really easy to use. I can definitely see myself using this stroller for a long time! It’s perfect for twins OR two children of different ages, it will adapt to just about any family situation. If you are looking for a good, reasonably priced stroller, it’s hard to go wrong with the Contours Options II Tandem!
PLEASE COME BACK TO MY BLOG 11/26 FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN THE CONTOURS OPTIONS 3 WHEELER SINGLE STROLLER!
While supplied with the reviewed item, I was not compensated for my review. All opinions expressed are my own!