2013 Gift Guide
#HH2013 – Lottie: Fun NEW Fashion Doll For Little Girls! Holiday Gift Guide 2013
Make way for Lottie! Lottie is a feisty character; she can stand on her own two feet and whilst she occasionally makes mistakes, she learns from them. She is not perfect. Lottie loves adventure and the outdoors and uses her imagination. In many ways, she is inspired by the spirited female characters in books we loved as children: Anne of Green Gables, Pippi Longstocking, Jo in ‘Little Women’, Nancy Drew and George in the ‘Famous Five’.
When I was about 8 or 9 years old, I came across an old box in the garage. It looked like is hadn’t been opened in ages and it was pretty heavy. Me, being the curious one that I am, opened it to see what was inside.
Nancy Drew books!!! I was so excited that I read every single one of them in the course of a week or two (there were about 20 in all). Then I read them again. In an early ’80s world of big hair, makeup and dolls that looked way too old, the wholesome Nancy Drew was a breath of fresh air in my young life. That’s how I feel about the Lottie dolls.
- Lottie is a wholesome doll alternative for girls aged 3-9; she is 7.5 inches (18cm) tall, so is very portable and easy for little hands to carry around.
- The key point of difference is that Lottie has a ‘childlike’ body – she doesn’t wear makeup, jewellery or high heels and she can stand on her own two feet (always a useful life skill for all girls, big and small).
- She’s all about letting girls be girls, doing all the activities a child would do, not growing up too quickly, and presenting a healthy view on body image.
- Lottie’s clothing is composed of tactile fabric with lots of attention to detail, easy to dress and undress, with velcro fastenings.
- Her hair is lovely and soft; it doesn’t tangle and knot like other doll hair.
- Lottie has bendable knees with ball socket hips and arms; her head can move side to side and she can do the splits front to back and side to side.
- Lottie is presented in a giftable, illustrated and collectible ‘doll box bag’, with minimal plastic packaging.
- Launched in August 2012, she has won 12 international awards, including 3 Oppenheim Portfolio Platinum Awards.
- Recommended Age: 3 Years +
Rather than wait for Christmas morning to introduce my daughter to Lottie, I gave it to her right away. And I am glad I did – because Riley LOVES her!
Lottie has all sorts of great styles – from a Pirate to Lighthouse Keeper to Kawaii Karate, there’s a Lottie for every little girl! Find them on Amazon or in specialty doll shops. You can also purchase Lottie directly on the Lottie Website (which also has some super fun games!).