Dessert Recipe: Stars and Stripes Sundae
*Recipe brought to you by Breyers
Stars and Stripes Sundae
Created by Chef Antonia Lofaso for Breyers
Prep time: 12 – 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup crushed blueberries
- 2T powdered sugar
- 2T water
- 2T sugar
- 1 cup rough chopped strawberries
- 2 cups of Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice cream
- 2T crushed pretzels
- For the whipped cream, either by hand or with a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk cream, crushed blueberries and powdered sugar until soft peaks have formed, about 5 minutes by hand and about 3 minutes with stand mixer.
- In an 8-inch sautée pan, combine water and sugar with strawberries and cook on medium to high heat for about 5-6 minutes until water and sugar creates a syrup and strawberries begin to slightly breakdown.
- To make each sundae, spoon the warm sautéed strawberries into the bottom of a small bowl.
- Top with 2 scoops (1/4 cup each scoop) of Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Add a small dollop of blueberry whip cream and sprinkle with the pretzels.
Nutrition tip: Looking to save some calories? Skip the whipped cream and just add the fresh blueberries on top!
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories 270, Calories from Fat 110 , Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 95 mg, Total Carbs 38 g, Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 32 g, Protein 4 g, %DV: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 50 %, Calcium 10 %, Iron 2 %
Breyers sources milk and cream from farmers who do not treat their cows with artificial growth hormones and obtains 100 percent of its vanilla from Rainforest Alliance Certified and sustainably farmed sources across all of its offerings. In February 2015, Breyers announced that it would source milk and cream from farmers who do not treat their cows with artificial growth hormones and obtain 100 percent of its vanilla from Rainforest Alliance Certified and sustainably farmed sources across all of its offerings.