This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Carton Smart for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
Imagine if everyone made one small, smart decision a day. How much would it help our planet and our own personal worlds? As an individual, it feels small, but as a collective, the small, smart decisions add up. Tetra Pak applauds the thousands of small acts of smartness that add up to make a big difference. Our Tetra Pak carton packages, designed for maximum efficiency and environmental friendliness, are one small way to live smarter.
There are little things you can do to reduce waste. You can bring your own bags to the grocery store. You can recycle paper, cardboard, and plastic, You can also Become Carton Smart! Tetra Pak Cartons are fully recyclable and flatten to reduce waste (not like cans – have you ever tried to make a can completely flat?).
• Tetra Pak® cartons are made of 70% paper, a renewable resource, from selectively harvested, re-grown trees that are FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council)
• Cartons use 1/3 of the packaging compared to cans…or even an egg!
• Cartons are space saving, easy to store and open. Keep your pantry neat and toss your can openers. , stackable and space saving.
• The unique packaging process preserves the flavor and nutrients of food without the use of preservatives.Product quality is exactly the way it was intended to be.
• Recycleable and in fact result in 60% less landfill waste than cans
• Cartons are re-closable so you can use what you need and save the rest for later.
There are so many products available that can help reduce waste – Pacific Foods has some fantastic and organic products that not only reduce waste by using cartons, they taste amazing.
I made a pumpkin cheesecake using Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree instead of canned pumpkin. It tasted AMAZING. And so different thant the normal pumpkin pie. You can find recipes at allrecipes.com or Follow #CartonSmart on Pinterest – just substitute your ingredients with Tetra Pak products – it’s super easy!
Be sure to Follow #CartonSmart on Pinterest for recipe inspiration! Tweet @CartonSmart for some great info!
How can YOU be #CartonSmart this holiday season! From small, smart recipes that use ingredients in cartons or "smart" entertaining tips that produce great tasting food with little waste!