10 Fun Facts About James Franco – Oz: The Great and Powerful Edition #DisneyOzEvent
James Franco stars at Oscar Diggs, A small-time magician with questionable ethics who arrives in a land and must decide if he will be a good man or a great one. Here’s ten fun facts about Franco:
- Franco is from Palo Alto, California – just north of San Jose. He was voted “Best Smile” in his Palo Alto graduating class.
- He made his acting debut at age 19 in the series Pacific Blue, where he played a guest spot at “Brian” in 1997
- Hi first feature film was the comedy “Never Been Kissed” playing the most popular boy in school.
- His breakout role in 1999 was the short lived series Freaks and Geeks which also starred Seth Rogen, Jason Segel, and Busy Philipps. The series’ executive producer was Judd Apatow.
- Franco was nominated for an Academy Award for his role in 127 Hours, a true story about Aron Ralston, the rock climber who had to amputate his own arm to escape certain death. (2010)
- He also had a recurring role on General Hospital in 2010. In the soap opera his character Franco has an art showing at The Museum of Contemporary Art. At that same time James Franco had an exhibit there about his experience on General Hospital.
- He graduated from UCLA in 2008, received an MFA from Columbia in 2010, and has been studying for his PhD in Writing at Yale.
- He taught a directing class at NYU.
- This will be the 4th time Franco has worked with director Sam Raimi. He also worked with Raimi on the Spiderman Trilogy.
- Franco auditioned for the role of Peter Parker in Spider-Man, but was given the part of Harry Osborn.
← Previous Story Filing Your Taxes (Resources)